Looking for an HVAC professional may feel like a daunting task, especially when there are so many around the Cleveland area from which to choose. Some are going to do a better job and at a more reasonable price than others, though you may not know the differences among them all at first glance. Here are a few helpful pointers to keep in mind when you’re looking for an HVAC professional:
- Get referrals – Ask around to see if anybody whom you trust has had HVAC work done recently and if they have any recommendations.
- Ask about free estimates – When looking for an HVAC professional, make sure that they provide estimates; any reputable business will.
- Low costs – While the lowest price isn’t always the best, you can find value in experienced technicians who don’t charge an arm and a leg.
- Proven track record – Someone who has been in the business for a long time will likely be able to get the job done the right way, and promptly.
- Contact references – The references provided should be happy with the results they received.
- Written quotes – Any trustworthy professional should give you a written quote before any significant work is done.
- Inquire about any specials – Some contractors may run specials throughout the year; usually, it will precede the start of winter or summer for annual maintenance.
- Previous personal experience – If you have had luck with a certain person in the past, try them again.
- Works around your schedule – Someone who can do their work at a convenient time for you can save you from having to take time off from work.
- Quick responses – Anybody who gets back to you quickly likely will do their job quickly, which can be great if you need something done immediately.
To learn more about how the right HVAC professional can make all the difference in a home repair or installation, contact Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing. We have been serving the Cleveland area for over 70 years — let us put our knowledge to work for you.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Cleveland, Ohio about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC professionals and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
For those Do it Yourselfers who would rather take control of your own indoor comfort, you can shop our online store for replacement parts, products and accessories!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
2 Responses to “10 Things to Keep in Mind When Looking for an HVAC Professional”
Socialization: In-Home Service Workers and Your Pets
[…] with service workers. If you have a friendly dog, there will probably not be any problems with service professionals when they come to your home. Remember, however, that workers are going to look and smell different […]
Top Reasons to Thank Your HVAC Technician This Summer
[…] are always looking for new ways to cut down their energy usage. HVAC technicians are a fantastic source of information, and can provide you with plenty of tips that will help you […]