When hiring an HVAC contractor, you’ll want to choose an experienced, reliable professional who will provide excellent customer service. So, how do you know whether your HVAC contractor fits the bill? Here are seven factors to consider:
- Do they examine your home and HVAC system before giving an estimate? HVAC jobs are not – or at least should not be – a one-size-fits-all proposition. HVAC contractors should not be giving estimates over the phone unless they have first seen all the details. For instance, when installing a new system, they should determine the size of the equipment by calculating your home’s heating or cooling load, rather than just assuming it should be the same size as the old system.
- Do they provide a detailed, written estimate? A true professional should spell out in writing exactly what the job entails, and how much it will cost you.
- Do they explain your options? A good HVAC contractor will consider how your choices today will impact your finances and comfort for years down the road. They should be able to give you high-efficiency options and help you determine which option would be best for your home long term.
- Have you heard good things about them? Friends or family members who have had HVAC work done can often recommend that you use – or not use – a particular company.
- Can they provide references? An established contractor should have satisfied customers, a few of whom may have written positive testimonials.
- Are they certified? You want a licensed expert. In the HVAC world, that means they will have NATE certification and be licensed and insured.
- Do they treat you well? You want a contractor who’s on your side and is interested in serving you, rather than looking to make a quick buck. To help you determine whether they will treat you well, you can check to see if they have any awards or service ratings.
At Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we’re confident you’ll get the right answers to all of your questions. We’ve been serving customers in Cleveland and the surrounding area since 1935, and make it our mission to provide quality service. Contact us any time you need a first-rate HVAC contractor.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing services Western Cleveland. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today! For those Do it Yourselfers who would rather take control of your own indoor comfort, you can shop our online store for replacement parts, products and accessories!
2 Responses to “Does Your HVAC Contractor Measure Up? 7 Factors To Consider”
Wow, thanks a lot! You saved me from having to deal with a lot of trouble. I was able to finally find an hvac contractor in Chicago, and they definitely not shady like the guy before him was. Thanks again!
I have been looking up hvac contractors and I think I found one. I just don’t know what I should be looking for when it comes to contractors. I just bought a house and I have never had to do anything like this before. Thanks for sharing this post, it is very helpful.