If you need a new furnace or other home-comfort appliance in your home, or just need service or a tune-up, the company you choose will be key to your family’s peace of mind and home comfort for years to come. Many factors may influence your choice of contractor. The most important criteria in the HVAC industry is NATE (North American Technician Excellence).
Here are a few benefits and statistics of work performed by technicians with NATE certification:
- Customers receive consistently lower utility bills with NATE-certified technicians’ installation and maintenance.
- NATE technicians have 13 percent fewer callbacks and warranty returns.
- Equipment is installed to perform at optimal efficiency.
- Assurance that your home investment will be installed and/or serviced by a technician with expert field and training experience, and who’s held to the highest standards.
What is NATE?
NATE is the only non-profit organization with certification recognized nationwide. To receive NATE certification, technicians must pass strenuous testing in HVAC general knowledge and no less than one specialty area in installation and/or service. NATE certification is the measure by which all heating and cooling professionals are compared.
When hiring a company, there are other factors to consider. Here are a few:
- Make sure the contractor’s insurance and license are current and valid, as you do not want to be financially responsible for any accidents that might occur on your property,
- Call the contractor’s references to find out what sets them apart from other companies,
- Make sure everything is in writing, including warranty, guarantees, ongoing service, and overtime and/or after-hours rates,
- Ask about Maintenance Programs available from the contractor, because not only do you want the best service at the best price, you want ongoing service to be affordable and cost-effective.
By asking the right questions and hiring a company such as Geisel that employs technicians with NATE certification, you will go a long way in taking the worry out of your home investment. If you have any questions about NATE certification or other issues, call Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing. We’ve served the greater Cleveland area for 77 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about NATE certification and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing services Western Cleveland. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today! For those Do it Yourselfers who would rather take control of your own indoor comfort, you can shop our online storefor replacement parts, products and accessories!