A sewer installation is a major project, and since it’s something that’s disruptive to your household, it’s not a project you want to go through twice. That’s why we at Geisel Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing will ensure it’s done right the first time with as little inconvenience as possible.
When your plumbing is operating properly, you don’t even think about it. But when your sewer line has problems, everything seems more complicated and difficult. Older homes often have ceramic sewer lines that deteriorate over time. Tree roots find their ways into the sewer line and break it up from the inside. At this point, you may experience sewer back-ups and other not-so-charming problems. A new sewer installation will solve those problems for good.
For such a large project, it’s wise to shop around. We’ve made it easy for you by telling you how our sewer installation works and what you can expect.
- 6-inch SDR 35 sewer pipe. If you’re going to go to all the trouble of replacing your sewer line, you might as well replace it with the very best pipe you can. Most municipalities approve 4-inch pipe, but a 6-inch pipe ensures better performance. Our pipe is made of PVC, which won’t allow tree roots to infiltrate.
- Roadside sewer cleanout. We install a sewer cleanout near the road, so if there’s ever a future problem involving the city line, you don’t have to tackle the problem from inside your house.
- Premium stone bedding. We bring in premium stone bedding to lay underneath your new sewer line. This bedding prevents the sewer line from settling poorly, and it supports the pipe.
- Water dam. We also install a water dam to keep water from following the stone bedding into the house foundation. This protects your home from mold and issues related to foundation settling.
- All related plumbing repairs. We take care of all other plumbing repairs, inside and out, that are affected by the replacement.
For more information about sewer installation and any other matters involving plumbing or HVAC services in your home, please contact us at Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing. We’ve been serving the Greater Cleveland area for more than 77 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Western Cleveland, Ohio about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about sewer installation and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
For those Do it Yourselfers who would rather take control of your own indoor comfort, you can shop our online store for replacement parts, products and accessories!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock